About

banner-garden-bench

Background

The home became a care home in 1969, previous to this it was private residence. The land was owned by Josiah Wedgwood at the beginning of the 17th century. In 1769 the land was bought by Robert Emery, a Derbyshire farmer who built the ‘Queens Arms Inn’ which in later years became the Queens Hotel, until very recently still an on going establishment. In 1780 the land was sold to a surgeon from Newcastle called William Bent for £1,300. It was on this land Basford house and other buildings were built which later became Alison House.

Residents

A lot of our client group worked in the pottery industry all their working lives and were alive during World War 2. We have a very diverse clientele with a wide range of knowledge and experiences.

Care

Alison House Care Home provides the care of older people up to 29 whom may have dementia and 6 with elderly mental health problems.

CQC report

You can view our latest CQC report here.